Q&A with Elliott Smith
This week at Play-Ex Sports we’ve enjoyed speaking with GB showjumper Elliott Smith to discover more about his career.
1. Where did it start and how’s it going?
It started from a young age competing on weekends while I was at school with the helping hand of my Mum.
I am very happy with all the horses as they have all proven themselves at all levels of their career so far.
2. What is the most enjoyable part of your career?
Definitely winning the puissance at Bolesworth has to be the biggest highlight.
3. Who has had the biggest influence on your career so far?
4. What is your favourite memory or achievement so far?
Being invited to London International Horse Show.
5. If you could improve one area of your performance, what would it be?
I would say staying strong in the mind.
6. Do you have any superstitions or routines that you stick to before competing tournaments?
I make sure that all my kit is functioning and working the day before the event. Methodically going through I will usually wear the tie I jumped a good round of before but that will really depend on the washing cycle.
7. What do you enjoy doing outside of sport?
Either Playing tennis or go karting.
8. What’s the biggest challenge of being a sports professional?
Keeping composure and not focusing on other competitors.
9. What’s the best piece of advice you would give to any aspiring sports professional?
Make yourself known as hard working and show you really enjoy what you do. This mentality will help you have positive mindset even when things get tricky…
10. How did you come across Play-Ex Sports and what do you like about the Play-Ex.com platform?
Georgina introduced me to the platform. The thing I like most about the platform is how easy and user friendly it is as well as the way Ryan, Jon and Georgina are willing to go out of there way to help me.
Stay up to date with Elliot Smith’s career via social media by following him on Instagram @elliott_smith1
Play-Ex Sports is the UK’s only management platform designed exclusively for sports professionals. The platform has revolutionised the way athletes manage their lives and is currently used by over 375 professional athletes across 41 different sports.
Brands that are interested in sponsoring Elliot Smith or any of our 375 Play-Ex Sports professionals can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This blog post is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this blog post. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information included in this blog post is correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of this blog post is accurate, complete or up to date. If this blog post contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.